The Twelfth National Black Writers Conference: Reconstructing the Master Narrative Sponsored by the Center for Black Literature Medgar Evers College, CUNY
Online Registration extended until
Wednesday, March 26, 2014!
Thursday, March 27, 2014 to Sunday, March 30, 2014
Medgar Evers College, CUNY
1650 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11225
The Center for Black Literature Celebrates its Tenth Anniversary at the National Black Writers Conference!
Celebrating Ten Years of Honoring Literature by People of the African Diaspora
To Get Tickets or to Donate Click Here
Pre-registration by mail must be postmarked by Friday, March 14, 2014.
Pre-registration is 50% refundable by Friday, March 14, 2014.
Online Registration ends Friday, March 21, 2014
SPECIAL! Register for two (2) Talkshops and receive 15% off ticketed price!
Enter Promo Code:like2talkshop or click here click here.
Register for the full four(4) days of the conference and receive a special rate on the 10th Anniversary Celebration. A promotional code will be sent to you once you have completed registration.
Having trouble with this form? Register here (you can copy and paste this link to your browser): https://nbwcmarch2014.eventbrite.com/ OR print form.
On-site Registration takes place DAYS OF EVENT ONLY. No advanced on-site registration.
On-Site Fees/Donation go up from pre-registration and are as the follows:
|ONSITE REGISTRATION FEES/ DONATION||Pre-registration|
|4 days - General||$80||$65|
|4 day - Student/ Senior/ Faculty||$45||$30|
|1 day - General||$35||$25|
|1 day - Student/ Senior/ Faculty||$25||$15|
Medgar Evers College Students attend for FREE!
Registration and Valid ID Required. (See below for details.)
Registration for MEC Students:
- All MEC Students (Matriculated & Non- Matriculated) - No Cost (FREE). Please complete registration online. [This does not include ticketed events such as any related concerts, receptions, talkshops, or the like.] Please be prepared to show proof on-site (program or ID) .
- Classes – For class preregistration:
1. Professors must submit a class roster in advance to the Registration Coordinator.
2. These students may be required to complete a registration form on–site to capture their information and asked to complete a survey/ evaluation.
3. These students should bring valid MEC identification.
Registration for MEC Faculty and Staff:
- MEC Faculty who require their students to attend any portion of the Conference are offered "gratis entry". Please complete a Registration Form and indicate "gratis" in the Student/Faculty/Senior box.
- All other MEC Faculty and Staff are asked to pay the donation as indicated on the registration form.
ID required for Student/ Faculty/ Senior Admission rates. Please present at time of entry. Discount entry is non-transferable.
If you have additional questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s) page:
For information about the Center contact:
Dr. Brenda M. Greene, Executive Director
Center for Black Literature